Wednesday, March 6, 2013

On the hunt!

Yes, time for another update! 

Despite all of us here at my house being sick for WEEKS! I've been doing really well! I have a lot more energy, the pain levels have been way down. Although today I am certainly feeling the pain levels rise. Which is most likely due to the fact I haven't been sleeping well. I'm praying that the not sleeping goes away soon. However, I am just feeling really blessed to be functioning almost like a "normal" me would. ;-) 

I have been trying out different Protein bars in preparation for my Thailand trip. I have being hunting for the ones CLOSEST to my diet, and trying them on different days throughout the week. I'd love to hear what your favorite protein bars are! 



The two pictures above are of the KIND Pomegranate Blueberry bars. I really liked it I would give it a 4 and the cranberry almond KIND bar a 3.5 They were both really quite good. It tasted like a special treat to me.  



This one wasn't bad, but I wouldn't really choose to eat it again. It tasted a bit odd. The texture was a tad grainy as well. However I would eat this before starving myself. ;-)  




I had this one tonight, and I liked it ok. I would give it a 3. It did start to remind me of Fig Newtons towards the end so that was a big PLUS! :-)  



So far these have been my FAVORITE! I would give them a 4.5. The only reason They aren't a 5 is because you always have to leave room for improvement! 


Another exciting bit of news is that I have found a chocolate bar that is pretty close to being on my diet.  It has almonds in it too which makes it pretty amazing. I actually would prefer there to be a few more almonds in it, but I am just so grateful that I found something chocolate fairly acceptable to my diet that I actually LIKE! 

One of the AMAZING benefits to feeling good again is that I have been able to get back to my quilting, which I had pretty much given up. 


Yes, that's right! I FINISHED my Animal Alphabet quilt! 


I also finished baby Kinsley's baby quilt! 



The Lord has truly provided me with the strength that I need each and every day. I can't complain. It has been quite nice to be out and about and getting things DONE though! Such a blessing to me and such a relief. 

Tomorrow I go in for my Dr. appointment and for my Bone Density Scan. So we shall see what they have to say. The medications I have been on can be rough on the bones, and I have a family history of osteoporosis. So I'm praying that all of that comes out ok. 

Well, that is all the new things I can think about for right now. I'm going to attempt getting some sleep now. :-) 


Romans 8:18
18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment