Sunday, July 7, 2013

1 Year Milestone!

That's right! July 5th was my 1 year milestone! My family and I started juicing on July 5th of 2012 and that started me down the journey of my new limiting nutritional diet that I have been on. It hasn't been easy, but despite the many setbacks I think I would still say it has been worth the changes I have made. 

One of my many joys is that WATERMELON is back in the stores! I have eaten many of them already this year... Including getting up on some morning and deciding I'm going to the store JUST to get myself a watermelon. :-) It's the little things in life! ;-) 

A had a great discovery this week! 

These are amazingly good!!!! I could make myself sick on them... trust me. :-) It was very exciting to find something that tasted kind of like a healthy alternative to candy. :-) 

Also I'm fallen in love with the Peanut butter cookie Larabars... PLUS I found a great recipe to make them myself... Well... Toria makes them for me. ;-) 

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
  • ½ cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup peanuts
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Combine dates, peanut butter, and peanuts in a food processor and puree until mixture starts to stick together. Add a little more water if necessary to help mixture come together.
  2. Pick up date mixture and using your hands work to squeeze it together into one big clump. Mash it down on a cutting board or sheet of wax paper to form into one even rectangle shape using the sides of your hands (or a knife) to make the edges straight.
  3. Slice into 8 even squares. For best results store in the fridge, although bars can be kept at room temperature.

Yes, I love these a lot and can't wait to experiment with some other variations... Feel free to try them out however if you are not used to eating the way that I do I'm not sure you will get the same enjoyment out of them. 

Ok, I just wanted a quick post to mark my one year! I hope everyone has had a great day! 

Philippians 3:14
I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment