Friday, October 5, 2012

Another week. :-)

Hello! Just wanted to update on life. :-) 

My sister, Victoria has had a rough time recovering from having her tonsils out. I ended up spending the night in the hospital with her earlier this week. I have been thanking God for His great blessing in the fact that I have felt so good. I have been able to help, and haven't had to worry about my health. It's been a HUGE relief and blessing to me. It has certainly encouraged me in the diet choices I've made. 


Quinoa Bean Salad
We tried this last night. I LOVED it! It actually tasted like "real" food. Something I probably would have liked even before making all these changes. :-) 
 Ingredients: 2 Cups Quinoa cooked in low sodium Vegetable broth, 1 1/2 C cooked white beans (or 1 can low sodium beans drained), 1 Cup grated carrots, 1 Cup currants, 1/2 C raw walnuts chopped, 2 plum tomatoes chopped, 1 small red onion thinly sliced, 1/2 green pepper chopped, 1/2 red pepper chopped, 1/2 orange or yellow pepper chopped, 3 cloves garlic minced, 1 Tbls chili powder (I only used 1 tsp.) 2 tsp. Bragg Liquid Aminos or low sodium soy sauce. 

Directions. Cook quinoa according to Pkg directions. Place all other ingredients in a large bowl and mix. Add cooked quinoa and toss together. Refrigerate overnight. 


 No, I still don't like oatmeal, but this morning it tasted pretty good. I think I might be a bit hungry after all the rushing around to the hospital this week. :-) 

Okay, I haven't liked bananas since I was much much younger... however this has become a new snack of mine. Salt free brown rice cake, cashew butter, and sliced bananas. It tends to be a filling, high calorie snack. :-) Leah loves this with raisins and cinnamon on it. 


How am I? I'm doing great! I'm a bit sore, and tired, but nothing compared to how I was feeling before. I'm functioning well above how I was functioning over the last year for sure. 

I'm happy to have my prednisone down to 10mg (hoping to go down more after my next Dr. visit) 
Down two pills of my Methotrexate

Yes, I've still lost a bunch of weight, but it seems to have stabilized and now that I'm feeling better perhaps I'll put some back on... if not perhaps I'm good where I am. :-) 

Praising God for His infinite Mercy and Grace! He has truly been faithful through all these challenges, and I know He will continue to be. Thank you for all the prayer support. I know I would not be doing this well without all of you praying for me. It means so much to hear that I was brought to mind and you prayed for me. God is so good! 


1 Peter 1:13

New King James Version (NKJV)
13 Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

No comments:

Post a Comment