Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Did I survive Indy?!

 #1 question people have asked me about my trip "Did you survive?!" 
Yes! I did survive! It was a great week of conference! 8500 women gathering together to seek and praise the Lord! Even though I was busy photographing, I was still immensely blessed by being there. 

Mom, and us girls! 

 Friends from MD met up with us at the conference! Fun times! 
(photo taken by random stranger with my Mom's phone)


#2 Question people have been asking me about my trip is "What did you eat?" For meals I had salads because that was the easiest thing on my diet to find. 

 I carried around a bag of cashews with me all the time in my camera bag, just in case I needed something to eat. 

 Fruit! Here was some rasberries from our car ride. 

Blackberries from an Aldi store. 

Did I stay 100% on my diet... ummm no. One night (after the last conference) I ate lettuce wraps at P.F. Changs... it was incredibly good! I can't even begin to tell you... 
and then we found these veggie crisps that were pretty close to being on the diet. The only thing I couldn't have that was in them was a little bit of oil. So I enjoyed some of those during our car ride home. 



How did I fare healthwise? Well, I was in a lot of pain a few days, but nothing ever got bad enough that it hindered me from doing what I needed to do. I did a LOT of walking and a LOT of carrying gear around. WAY WAY more than I've done in such a long long time. I could feel peoples prayers for me. SO thank you! I never would have made it through on my own strength. God got me through the conference hour by hour. 


 The drive home... Mom and I were so tired... We kept having to change out drivers almost every hour trying to stay awake. It took a long time to get home because of all the stops we made. I also needed to walk around a little bit because my body was hurting pretty bad during the ride home. 

 We did finally make it to Home Sweet HOME! 


And my sweetheart, Archie, was sooooo EXCITED to see me! :-) I missed this guy!

So yes, I had a great trip, and God was extremely faithful and gave me exactly what I needed when I needed it to get me through! 

What am I doing now? Now, I'm back to not only being 100% faithful to my diet, but also trying to eat high nutrient foods, to build it back up in my system... Also back to drinking tons of veggie juice. :-) A huge thank you to those praying for me and checking up on me. It means a lot to me. I know I wouldn't have made it through the last couple weeks on my own strength. I'm feeling very blessed! 

Psalm 45:2

New King James Version (NKJV)

You are fairer than the sons of men;
Grace is poured upon Your lips;
Therefore God has blessed You forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment