Thursday, September 6, 2012

Baked Potato Happiness!

I thought everyone would love to hear that I'm starting to feel a lot better. It has been a rough couple of weeks since the death of my friend. However, my body finally seems to be calming down. 

The family and I enjoyed a great Labor Day weekend with family. It was great, we were able to offer food that I wasn't allowed to eat and for the most part it didn't bother me. I think I've simply been eating this way long enough now that it is just part of life. 

The weekend was full of playing with new backdrops, lots of kids, TONS of marbles games... It was a great time!

We even splurged and did baked potatoes! I'm not supposed to eat a lot of white potatoes so we tend to not make them very often, so I was SUPER excited. We had them with a black bean chili, pico de gallo, and guacamole. 

Yesterday I dropped my steroids another 5mg so I'm now at 10 mg a day. I can feel the drop in the meds, so that has it's challenges, but I'm very excited to be bringing it down. 

Prayer request. Tomorrow I go to see my Rheumatologist I am concerned about her thoughts on my new diet, and that she isn't going to see enough improvement and will still want to put me on the experimental drugs, which I have NO desire to do. So, I would appreciate everyone's prayers that the visit would go well, and God would give guidance, and peace to me. 

Thank you so much for your prayers and support through all of this I appreciate it. 

Psalm 63:1-3

New King James Version (NKJV)

Joy in the Fellowship of God

A Psalm of David when he was in the wilderness of Judah.


O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water.
 
So I have looked for You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory.

Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
My lips shall praise You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment