Thursday, August 30, 2012

When times are rough...

I lost a sweet friend this last week. She was 37 weeks pregnant and she and her sweet baby, Selah Crosby went to be with Jesus rather suddenly. 

This has made it a very emotionally and physically draining week. I attended the memorial yesterday and have been debating going to the funeral tomorrow in Wichita... but I still haven't decided on whether I can handle the ride down right now. 

With dealing with all of that it has made this week challenging in many ways, but it has been hard on my poor body too. I knew this would be the case, but it can't be helped. So I'm just battling through. It's hard because I constantly assume I'm going to be able to handle more than I can. :-) 

So healthwise... Tonight I have sores in my mouth, and my body feels exhausted and sore. My hands hurt, and dealing with a pretty bad headache. Prayers are welcome as always.

So grateful that my friend loved the Lord so much, and that I can be confident that she is so happy with Jesus. God has been very gracious through everything this week. I would be so lost without His loving help and support through my challenges this week. He always provides what I need exactly when I need it. 


This was a new recipe we tried. It is spaghetti squash with no meat, meatballs, and a low sodium sauce. I don't think any of us cared for it... but it wasn't the worst thing I've eaten. :-)




Psalm 27:8

New King James Version (NKJV)

When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.”

No comments:

Post a Comment