Monday, August 13, 2012

Whole Foods + update on life

 Well, I had thought to give you a tour of what Mom and I out shopping at Whole Foods and Costco looks like. Including what we eat while we are out! :-) 

This salad at Whole Foods was HUGE as you can see... I just kept putting a little of EVERYTHING on it! Would you believe I ate the whole thing? NO?! Well, I DID! I also ate some of Mom's Then we shared a nice plate of fruit for our treat. 


 I was excited to find a salt free version of my favorite seasoning... although I am convinced that it's the salt that makes seasonings so wonderful. I just had no idea before!


 okay if you have ever been to Whole Foods you know they have bins and bins of seeds, nuts, rices, beans... etc... So we spend a lot of time filling up bags at the bins. Cashews are my favorite thing to get here. Raw and unsalted of course.

 Whole foods tends to carry the best produce, and their Kale tends to be the best around here. 

 after checking out at Whole Foods and then driving down the street to hit Costco we saw a hot air balloon that was coming down for a landing somewhere close by. 

  
We are in and out of Costco a LOT faster these days since we tend to just need to look at produce and then leave. ;-) 
 Their fruit has been fantastic this year. I've eaten my weight in peaches this summer. 

 Now to figure out where in Lucy (the jeep) all the groceries are going!

No worries, always lots of room! It's a good thing those seats fold down! 


Okay now for an update on me.... I'm sorry I haven't been so good lately on updating. I DO appreciate all the people praying for me and keeping track of how things are going. It means a lot to me. 

Well, it has been rough. I still don't feel any better... In fact I've just seemed to get worse. Fatigue, headaches, nauseous,  PAIN! I actually ended up needing to take my Tramadol last night at 12:30am so I guess it was this morning actually. ;-) It felt like such a failure to have to take my pain meds... I dislike the way the meds affect me, and I have a high pain tolerance so I usually just tough it out... but it was quite beyond me last night, and I felt defeated. I waited as long as I could. 

The food has been very difficult too. I really have a hard time with the foods I'm eating, especially when I don't feel good. I know it takes time though... So hopefully if I stick with this long enough it will help and I won't mind the food I can't eat so much because I will just be so grateful for the blessing of having good health again! 

Because I haven't felt good, and haven't had an appetite, I've also lost more weight. Which is not a good thing. So if you are praying for me you can add that care to the list. 

I haven't been walking, I just wasn't up for it. My sister Shelby and I did go for a short walk this evening though and it went well. 

2 Timothy 2:3

New King James Version (NKJV)
You therefore must endure[a] hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

This verse was part of my quiet time this morning. It was such a good reminder that God does not promise us life will be easy, but He does indeed promise us that we WILL face trials and hardships of many kinds. However, He is always so faithful to us through these trials. 

2 Corinthians 12:8-10

New King James Version (NKJV)
Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


This has been one of my all time favorite passages for a while now, and I am holding fast to its message this week. If my "weakness" is indeed what God would use so that His strength can be made perfect and glory be given to Him through it somehow. I am okay with that. I will simply have to cling to the fact that is His grace is SUFFICIENT for me! 

Good night everyone thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment