Wednesday, August 1, 2012

FOOD!

Thanks to everyone for all of the encouragement through the blog comments, private messages, and emails. It has been so great to hear from everyone! God has been using all of your messages to bless my heart and encourage me in the path He has me on right now. Some people have asked if it is okay to ask questions. The answer is, YES! Ask away! 

One of the things everyone seems to be interested in is what am I eating besides just fresh salads and the "soups" :-) So here is a look at two of the good meals we had recently. 

Hot Skillet Salad
 We prepared this salad in our Wok on the stove top. Some of the ingredients in it are: Bok Choy, Kale, red onion, carrots, garlic, red cabbage, and northern white beans

I KNOW! I KNOW! This doesn't look good, but I actually liked the meal quite a bit, I even ate it left over another day... I didn't think a hot skillet salad would be good left over, but it was. :-) Some other members of the family didn't care for it... I just tell them that they should try some of my "soup" Then they will think more things taste amazing! :-) 

Dessert! 
 Yes, this was one helping. :-) 


Black Bean Lettuce Bundles
 Some of the ingredients are: black beans, avocados (mom mashed them up so I couldn't see them, one super smart mom), green bell pepper, green onions, cilantro, salsa, lime juice, garlic, and cumin. On top of Romaine lettuce. 

That was by far my favorite meal we have made. So much so that I ate dinner TWICE that night! :-) 


CHOCOLATE!!!

Okay, I was getting desperate. :-) I had gone so far as to buy a unsweetened no salt, 100% chocolate bar... Needless to say it was gross! I couldn't eat it at all. I tend to like MILK chocolate or white chocolate is even better... So I was starting to think that chocolate was never going to be a possibility again. Then Victoria made THIS! It has almond milk, hazelnuts, a few cashews, dates (to sweeten)  and cocoa powder!!! This was a nutty creamy chocolate spread that we had on fruit one night while playing games... marbles of course. 



Update on me: 

My 20 min walks are going well. Victoria and I have been taking the two dogs with us at night. Today we started doing morning walks in addition to our night time walks. 


Today is the day I start cutting back a little bit on my steroids. Yes, this is done with Dr.'s approval and direction. The last time I tried backing off prednisone it didn't go so well... but that was way back before all these diet changes. So hopefully this time it will be a success as my Dr, my family, and I would all love to see this medication come way down. For now we are only going from 20mg a day to 15 mg a day. 

Today I am feeling a little tired, but pretty good over all. :-) Praise the LORD! 

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

New King James Version (NKJV)
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

2 comments:

  1. Your Hot Skillet Salad looked good to me with all those different colors. When I come again, I'll have to try some of what you have to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cilia, you are of COURSE more than welcome to enjoy my food with me. :-) I'm glad you think it looks good. :-)

      Delete