Tuesday, August 7, 2012

One day at a time

Brief update on how things are going

 This is one of the many great salads mom has fixed this last week. 

Okay, confession time.... I am SLIGHTLY addicted to mangos! I LOVE them. Mom learned how to cut them too. Don't they look really neat?! 


Update on me: 
I haven't done well since the last blog post. However, it hasn't been really bad either. I just got really emotional, fatigued, headaches, and lost all of my appetite. I didn't have the really high pain count though so that is good. Small improvement. 

I believe all that is from the prednisone coming down. I had also given up on walking with all this going on. I am going to start my walking back up again though now that the worst of this seems to be over. 

So despite some more set backs I'm doing ok.  It has been a hard weekend, cause I really am tired of eating this way, and I want to see results NOW! :-) However God has been good and always provides the strength I need to get through each day. What gets me into trouble is thinking about this as long term instead of just focusing on one day at a time. The verse at the bottom I had picked out of my devotions yesterday morning as my verse for the day, and then that night a friend texted me the SAME VERSE! Coincidence???? I think NOT! God is good and was simply reminding me of my verse and confirming it for me. 

2 Thessalonians 3:5
New King James Version (NKJV)
Now may the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the patience of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment