Monday, July 30, 2012

Tiny set backs, pressing on.

Yesterday afternoon I had sores in my mouth (one of my not so good signs) then last night I started feeling sore all over... and then I felt very sad, and disappointed. However I have a wonderful sister that called me in the middle of the night to talk to me and let me cry all over her. Reminding me that we are looking for long term results, God is in control... I can't expect everything to suddenly be better over night. She told me I had one good week... which hasn't happened in a long time and I can rejoice in THAT! Yes, my sister is amazing! :-) 


This Monday's Inspiration was really for me... I needed it this week! Amazingly enough I woke up feeling good again today. So the back sliding seems to have been short lived, PRAISE THE LORD! 

Then this song was sent to me this morning. I love it! Very inspiring. 


Psalm 16:8-11

New King James Version (NKJV)

I have set the Lord always before me;

Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.

Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices;

My flesh also will rest in hope.
 
For You will not leave my soul in Sheol,
Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.
 
You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

5 comments:

  1. In the Nutritional Healing book, he has remedies for mouth sores, like onion, not the most appealing but it worked for me. This is like going to the chiropractor, several days/weeks free of back pain and then a few days of pain. Your family is the best support system you could ever have going through this with you. Praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm... you just put raw onions in your mouth? I'll have to try that next time. Thanks for the prayers.

      Delete
    2. Actually I had the onion on a Jumbo Jack hamburger. i love mine with onion and the next day the sores were almost gone. So I guess it doesn't matter how you eat them as long as they are raw.

      Delete
  2. Hugs!! You're a courageous woman. Cronic illness is a daunting Thing and after a while you just get so sick and tired of being sick. Hang in there Sweetie!
    Cecilia is right about the onion. There is actually many things onion is good for Boils, sprains, bug bites . It has a lot of drawing power.
    Also keep in mind that there is probably a lot of stuff your body is working on. With all the changes that you are doing it is going to still be flushing the things it doesn't Like out of its system. It takes about 90 days give or take to get stuff more completely out of your body. Also you are throwing a lot at it all at once so its going to take awhile before it is quite sure what to do. (For lack of a more intelligent way to say it.)
    Love and prayers,
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg, all so true. I know it takes a while to flush the system out... which is why I'm doing this. :-) Thanks for all the great reminders and the prayers! I appreciate everyone's encouragement!

      Delete