Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Time

So I've found another benefit to this change in lifestyle. TIME! I had no idea how much time was spent in food prep and clean up. Not to mention trying to decide/plan what we are eating. The evenings are usually really full around here. 

Before: We cooked, ate, cleaned, did family devotions... then most of the time it was too late to do anything else in the evenings because it was the kiddos bed time. 

NOW: We "cook", eat, clean up, do devotions... and then it MIGHT be 7 or so... plenty of time left in our evening. 

So what have we been doing with all this extra time?! Well... we MAY have gotten in a few games of marbles over the last couple of weeks. ;-) And Tor, Jo, and I just MIGHT be slaughtering Mom, Dad, and Leah... ;-) 

Before, our game nights used to include large bags of Skittles, Hot tamales Starbursts, Swedish red fish, Peanut M&Ms, peanut butter cups... etc

Now, our snack foods look like this. That is Black Bean Humus on the spoon... In case you were wondering. I actually like it! 

Now for the update on me: 

~The pain in my hands is very subtle today (HURRAY!) 

~My energy levels aren't where I would like them to be, but I caught a cold on Saturday night and have been battling with that so I think that could be a huge part of the problem. (BUT it's almost GONE!) 

~ Still haven't had to take any Tramadol, or Zophran since this started! 

I hope to start my ten minute or so walks soon! I've just been waiting to get over this dreadful cold!  So I wouldn't be defeating myself. :-) 

I also need to work on drinking more water... I forget I need to drink. Usually eating salty things makes me remember to drink more water... However now I need to drink without the salty reminder! ;-) 


Genesis 1:29
And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! How fun to have more time in the evenings!

    Colds are no fun, though, especially in the summer. :P Get well, soon!

    Encouraged to read your update! Keep on keeping on! :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it's helping. Just remember that changing your diet for health isn't always going to give you instant results, so you can look forward to God willing, feeling better and better! The raw food community might be something to look at for ideas. Can't remember if I said anything about that before.
    You didn't anything about cocoa? Is it a no too?

    ReplyDelete