Monday, July 16, 2012

A look into my life


First of all, thanks so much to all of you that posted comments or sent me emails or did both! I found it all very encouraging, which you will see I greatly needed today! So, thank you for your support. 

Now, here is a look at my day!

Woke up this morning to swollen fingers (very painful), sore elbows, slight chest pains,stiff neck, and sore feet. However after being up for a little bit the only things that remain are the very painful hands, and sore feet. 

Okay, so today I have fun pictures to give you a look into what I am eating these days. :-) 

BREAKFAST! Breakfast is probably the easiest/best meal of the day, but then again I always was more of a fruit person anyways. :-) 
This is my breakfast juice which had tons of lovely fruits in it.... and spinach. It actually was one of my favorite ones so far. VERY sweet. 


In addition to the fresh juice I also sliced peaches, pears, green apples, and clementines.  I didn't quite make it through all of it... A little too much for me. 

I forgot to take a picture of lunch, but I just had a tons of veggies salad (cabbage,broccoli,spinach,cauliflower, zucchini) which I then sprinkled with unsalted pine nuts, raisins, and unsalted sunflower seeds. That actually happens to be my favorite so far... SO I'm sure you will eventually get a picture. :-) Oh... with my salad I drank a "mean green" veggie juice. (Not my favorite)


Dinner
 For dinner we have COOKED food! WOOHOO! Brown Basmati rice (no butter or salt or anything) with stir fried veggies(broccoli,celery,carrots, zucchini, orange bell pepper, spinach, onion). We stir fried the veggies in a balsamic vinegar. 


This is my drink with dinner. 2 green apples, 3 stalks of celery, ginger, lemon, spinach, cucumber, beets, and carrots (again not my favorite, but it was drinkable) 

We have been doing more research on everything and what all I should be eating. So today I headed to the store to pick out veggies for this special "soup" I'm apparently supposed to be living on... It was so funny going in with a list of pretty much all veggies and not even knowing what some of them were going to look like! :-) We made soup today for me to start eating for lunch daily, so when you are enjoying lunch tomorrow think of me. ;-) 

Today was mostly good, except for the pain in my hands (which got so bad I had to stop chopping carrots for the soup and find someone else to do that for me) and the minor emotional breakdown I had after getting through dinner. 

It is hard sometimes to remember God's promises for me with all of this going on, but I try to keep my focus on Him as I press onward. Remembering to be thankful for all that I have and everything He has blessed me with instead of focusing on the things that I am either unable to do (like chopping food) or things I am no longer able to eat (like the meatballs we cooked for another families dinner tonight) :-) 

Well, that's a little look into my life right now. 




for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.


7 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing, Kristina. <3
    You are such a good photographer, your food looks pretty yummy to me! :)

    Hugs & Prayers,
    ~Courtney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Courtney, Thanks so much! :-) It certainly made me day more enjoyable to take pictures of things knowing I was going to post! :-) I appreciate both the HUGS & the PRAYERS! :-)

      Delete
  2. Mom and Dad gave Cheryl this juicing book for here birthday. The ones we have tried so far are really good.

    http://www.amazon.com/Big-Book-Juices-Natural-Vitality/dp/1844839737/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1342498507&sr=1-1&keywords=the+big+book+of+juices

    Mom bought the book at Sam's Club and it was available through Amazon itself not that long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so I have a bit more understanding yesterday you said no sugars ... I was just wondering what you are including into the sugar catagory. I am assuming this is just your normal sugars ie white, brown, turbinado, evaporated cane juice.... Are you also including honey, agave, stevia & dates?

    - suggestion with the beans try looking at some indian cookbooks. You maybe. Able to tweak some of the recipes to your needs especially the beans.(Note: we eat mostly beans and eggs for our protein and we have found that V-8 really helps them. You could even through in some of your own homemade juice. I personally like to use both the juice and homemade veggies broth. There is nothing like a garden fresh tomato tossed in towards the end to help it along too. I like to refry them with a little bit of sauted in virgin coconut oil (HUGE flavor boost here) onion, bell pepper, celery, chili powder(you can make your own), a little cumin after the beans are heated through, are a fresh tomato and some cilantro.)
    Praying for you! Meg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so I have a bit more understanding yesterday you said no sugars ... I was just wondering what you are including into the sugar catagory. I am assuming this is just your normal sugars ie white, brown, turbinado, evaporated cane juice.... Are you also including honey, agave, stevia & dates?

    - suggestion with the beans try looking at some indian cookbooks. You maybe. Able to tweak some of the recipes to your needs especially the beans.(Note: we eat mostly beans and eggs for our protein and we have found that V-8 really helps them. You could even through in some of your own homemade juice. I personally like to use both the juice and homemade veggies broth. There is nothing like a garden fresh tomato tossed in towards the end to help it along too. I like to refry them with a little bit of sauted in virgin coconut oil (HUGE flavor boost here) onion, bell pepper, celery, chili powder(you can make your own), a little cumin after the beans are heated through, are a fresh tomato and some cilantro.)
    Praying for you! Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg, No sugars, including honey, agave, and stevia. I'm allowed to use dates.

      BTW, also no eggs (they are considered a meat) No V8 juice preservatives, sodium, and probably sugar are all in that...

      Also no oils at all including coconut oil. Thanks for trying to help... Right now I'm supposed to be eating rather plainly...

      Thanks,
      Kristina

      Delete